Emeritus Professor Max Cresswell FRSNZMax.Cresswell@msor.vuw.ac.nz
Festschrift for Max on the occasion of his 65th birthday, Logique et Analyse, Vol. 46 No. 181 (2003).
Research InterestsLogic (particularly modal logic, espcially modal predicate logic), formal semantics, ancient philosophy, the philosophy of John Locke, and the philosophy of F.H.Bradley.
- An Introduction to Modal Logic (with G.E. Hughes), Methuen, 1968
- Logics and Languages, Methuen, 1973
- A Companion to Modal Logic (with G.E. Hughes), Methuen, 1984
- Structured Meanings: The Semantics of Propositional Attitudes, Bradford Books/MIT Press, 1985
- Adverbial Modification, Reidel, 1985
- Semantical Essays: Possible Worlds and Their Rivals, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1988
- Entities and Indices, Kluwer, 1990
- Language in the World Cambridge University Press, 1994
- Semantic Indexicality, Kluwer, 1996
- A New Introduction to Modal Logic (with G.E. Hughes), Routledge, 1996
- The World-time Parallel (with A.A. Rini), Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2012
- Logical Modalities from Aristotle to Carnap (ed. with Edwin Mares and Adriane Rini), Cambridge University Press, 2016